Saturday, May 20, 2017

Awoyemi, F., Week 4




   Hello welcome to my blog, today I will be discussing about week 4 class activities. The class was invited to Tipping point communications where we met with the CEO Michelle  and her co-workers.  Tipping point is a media company that brings brands product, stories or information to life with the use of digital technology. I loved the time spent with Michelle especially when she talked about the company's core value. The word likability was stressed not only for clients but also for co -workers.    
Displaying Image-1.jpgAfter leaving Tipping point communications the class headed to Pegula Sports and entertainment. I enjoyed every bit of the time I spent there, the class was taken around for a tour to different locations. At the end of the tour the class was invited to a presentation that spoke on how to market sports, using an example of #one buffalo,  and having some of the hockey players to sing the Christmas song in a hilarious way.  
Displaying Image-1.jpgThe class also went to Watkins Glen and it was an amazing experience.  We met with Watkins Glen Pr, the ticket sales supervisor and the Vice president. All spoke about the history of Watkins and ssome of their marketing strategies. We were taken on a little tour by the PR upon arrival, from the photography room to the press conference room then the media room. After that we met with the ticket sales supervisor that spoke about a change in the market target. 









 Lastly the class went to Elmira's WETM television station. I really loved being there, I got to experience the behind the scenes of a news broadcast. One thing I learned from the class visit to WETM is that time is a very crucial thing in a TV station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...