Friday, May 5, 2017

McKlevis, J., Week 2




http://www.filmindustrynetwork.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-movie.jpg
Movies are a product. After watching the documentary Side By Side, I learned so much about the differences between film, digital movies, and the impacts they can have on the audience. Old style film could be very choppy and it had very limited color choices. It was difficult for directors to play back the film and instantly see what needed to be fixed. Digital offers many of the things film can’t but there are still issues like storage and the need for updated equipment. The most shocking thing for me was to see that one of my all time favorite movies, The Dark Knight, was actually shot on film.



Attending the PR Conference in Corning was an eye opening experience to the fast growing world of Public Relations. Although I was not able to attend for the full day, I feel as though the time I spent at the conference contributed greatly to my future. The biggest take away I got from the overall event was to take time to invest in yourself. Always challenge yourself and let yourself grow through new experiences, new people, and new networks.

Finally, my favorite experience of the week was our trip to the New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua.

This isn't just because I love a good bowl of homemade pasta, but because learning that the organization is actually a not-for-profit was surprising. Living so close to the Finger Lakes, I have been exposed to the atmosphere of lakes, fresh produce, and local wineries for majority of my life. The fact that there is this genuinely unique establishment that brings all of these things together to educate and promote how great New York State is, is phenomenal. I would recommend anyone that visits New York to visit the Wine & Culinary Center and I would highly suggest my friends and family make a trip to visit too!


Photo Credits: Film Industry Network; PRSA Northeast District; My Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...