Saturday, May 13, 2017

Colegrove, A., Week 3

Welcome back everyone,

Week 2 was filled with trips to places such as the New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua,  Community Broadcasters in Elmira, and the Clemens Center in Elmira. We also had in-class visits from Mr. Keith Cummings, an EC Alum, and Professor Philip M. Hurdle, former marketing professor at EC.

The New York Wine & Culinary Center is an awesome place to visit. It is perfectly located next to Canandaigua Lake where during the summer months is a perfect place to visit. We were given a tour and we told all about the center. It was interesting to hear that they were a not-for-prfofit organization along with learning about the agriculture, wine, and food industries they showcase. 

Going behind the scenes at the Clemens Center was something I was looking forward to doing. I have been to the Clemens Center once for a show. It was for Jersey Boys during my Freshman year here at EC. We were able to go on stage to see the Clemens Center from a performers point of view as well as going behind the scenes to see the dressing rooms and everything else. 

My favorite time of the week by far was seeing Professor Philip Hurdle. During his time at EC, I was able to take three courses with Professor Hurdle. I took Intro to Marketing, Consumer Behavior, and Sports Marketing with him. His great attitude and easy-going personality made his classes fun and engaging. It was great to be able to see him again and give him his personal retirement party. 



This week was very exciting and I can’t wait to see what next week holds

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...