Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gardner, W., Week 5

The experiences I had in the course are some that I will never forget, and as the course has come to a close, I cannot think of any other way I would have liked to spend this term. This final week was filled with the last few facilitators, a trip to New York City, and our presentations on our case studies. 

The facilitators this week did a great job wrapping up the books we had been reading throughout the term, which I am glad we read because they were good reads with lots of information and input on the entertainment, media, and sports industries. 

Tuesday's trip to NYC was filled with a variety of great experiences with Big Spaceship in the Bronx, Glenys Flaitz of Ai Media Group, and Andy Hilfiger of Artistix Fashion. Despite the long bus ride, the day was very exciting and enjoyable as it was my first time visiting NYC. Big Spaceship was my first look inside a small-size ad agency and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the workplace and the variety of clients they work with. Glenys Flaitz gave us a wonderful presentation over lunch and was very informative regarding currents trends in the entertainment industry. Meeting Andy Hilfiger was fantastic and I really enjoyed the work he showed us as well as the information he provided us with regarding the fashion industry and how it is a huge part of the entertainment, media, and sports industries with celebrities, musicians, and athletes collaborating with clothing companies. 

I really enjoyed the case study I worked on which was about Warner Brothers and Harry Potter as this is a topic I was very interested in. This case allowed for everything we had been reading about and learning this term to come full-circle as it was being applied to the case. This course has further opened my eyes about these industries and provided me with a variety of looks behind-the-scenes, giving me much to think about as I begin looking at a career path in the world of marketing. 

I would like to thank Professor Wolfe for providing us with the opportunity to go on these trips and allowing us to learn through the variety of great experiences we had. It was truly an unforgettable term that I wish I could repeat all over again. 

Picture Links: 
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/723526522448056320/P1zSXdO_.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wrHd1N-1T4Q/VBbx-RSPraI/AAAAAAAAABI/bxgm5sJubh8/w800-h800/logo-ai.jpg
https://artistixfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Artistix.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...