Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Gardner, W., Week 1

      Hello everyone, my name is Will Gardner and I am a junior from Olean, NY. I am a Business Administration major, specializing in both Marketing and Management. Outside of academics at Elmira College, I work for the Men's Basketball team as a student manager, as well as the Sports Information department as a student worker. During my summers and other breaks, I work at Pool Mart in Olean in sales, retail, and deliveries. I spent a lot of my free time in Buffalo, NY and enjoy being outdoors, traveling, and going to concerts and sporting events. In high school, I spent a large portion of my senior year learning about Graphic Design and Audio/Visual Technologies, which led to my strong interest in Marketing, especially regarding Entertainment, Media, and Sports.

     On New Year's Eve in 2013, I spent the night filming in the cold, Western New York winter for Holiday Valley, a ski resort in Ellicottville, NY. After approximately 6 hours of collecting footage, the editing process began at the break of dawn on the first day of 2014 and concluded roughly 18 hours later in order to meet the deadline. As stressful as the experience was, I very much enjoyed it and seeing the final result was very satisfying. I aspire to be involved in the creative aspects of marketing for a place like Staples Center in Los Angeles, where sports, music, and other entertainment is constantly being promoted through videos and graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...