Saturday, May 27, 2017

Martin, M., Week 5

Hello all for the last time!

This past week was awesome. It was probably our busiest week as far as work. We started off the week by having a Celebrate Your Knowledge quiz, followed by book club presentations. Besides Tuesday, all the other days of the week were filled with book club presentations and getting together with our group members for our final case study presentation. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to present on the Ontario Hockey League for our case study. Hockey is one of my passions and it always will be, so this case study came with great ease and enjoyment to me. I was also placed with a great team of people in the class, and we had a fun time executing this presentation.

What I really want to talk about is our trip to New York City. This was a trip I was looking forward to for many reasons. It is one of the best city's in the world, and we were able to experience some great places and people while we were there. First, we went to Brooklyn to visit the Big Spaceship ad agency, and that was a great environment. We were able to meet a fellow alumnus that currently works at the agency. She and the rest of the team were extremely generous with their time and gave us a presentation on what the agency does on day to day operations. It was great to hear each employee's personal backgrounds and experiences! 



Our second visit was with a second alumnus for lunch. I loved hearing her experiences and it was great to receive advice from her on how to penetrate the professional world of marketing when we graduate. Our last visit had the most profound impact on me. We were able to meet with Andy Hilfiger at his office in Manhattan. This was such a great experience for me personally because I want to work in the entertainment industry and much of what he does on a day to day basis is affiliated with the entertainment world. Andy and his team were so incredibly generous with their time and I hope to work for someone as genuine as Andy one day! 

I had such a great experience in this class and I'm very grateful for the time we got to spend together! Hope you all have a great summer.

Best,

Michael Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...