Saturday, May 6, 2017

Martin, M., Week 2

Hello all,

This past week was extremely intriguing for myself and the class. We were able to go on three experiential field trips to a wine and culinary center, community broadcasting firm, and local theater in Elmira. We started off the week with a great guest speaker coming in to talk to us about his experiences working with the minor-pro hockey team Elmira Jackals. It was personally a beneficial class for myself because seeing and listening to a professional like Keith Cummings share his story and everything his job entails was very similar to my future aspirations and endeavors after I graduate. On Tuesday, we attended a tour at the New York Wine & Culinary Center, which I personally found to be the most impressive field trip out of the whole week. We were able to meet with the general manger all the way down to the chef and his assistants. The meal that was cooked for us was amazing, especially with the white wine that they provided along with it. I try and take many things away from each and every field trip we go on but this one was exceptional. It seemed to me that very staff member truly loved their job and was willing to do whatever it took to make our experience a great one, and you could tell that this was common for every one of their guests that walked through their doors. 
The rest of the week was very eventful as well. I personally gained a wealth of knowledge from last week, attending the PRXNE conference in Corning. I thought experiencing this conference was extremely valuable for us as students, being able to network with established profesionals and advancing our careers by being in the same business environment. I also thought it was very nice that the Chair of the PRXNE was kind enough to spend time with us and give us her business card. 


Best,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

McNabb, J., Week 5 Hey all! welcome back to my blog for my final post of the term! This week we took a day trip to New York City. While, t...